Elias Danyi KuusaanaEditorial Secretary
1. Kuusaana, E.D. (2017). Winners and Losers in Large-scale Land Transactions in Ghana – Opportunities for win-in outcomes. African Review of Economics and Finance, 9 (1): 62-95. Available at: https://journals.co.za/content/journal/10520/EJC-716b5bc87
2. Adzi-tay, A., Asante, L.A., and Kuusaana, E.D (2017). Contested Space, Commercial-driven Land Use Transition and Adaptive Livelihood Strategies: A Case Study of Yeji. Journal of Geography and Development, 1(1):1-22 Available at: https://jogad.knust.edu.gh/journapps/index.php/geog/article/view/3
3. Abedi, L.A; Quansah, P.O.D; Ayitey, J.Z; Kuusaana, E.D (2017). The Practice of Defect Liability Period in the Real Estate Industry in Ghana. SAGE Open 7(3): 1-15 · Available at: DOI: 10.1177/2158244017727038.
4. Obeng M.K., Kuusaana, E.D. and Kidido, J.K. (2016). Legal Implications of Allocation Papers in Land Transactions in Ghana- A Case Study of the Kumasi Traditional Area, Land Use Policy Volume 50, January 2016, pp. 148–155. Available at: http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0264837715002860
5. Abukari, Z, van der Molen, P., Bennett, R.M., Kuusaana, E.D (2016). Land Consolidation, Customary lands, and Ghana’s Northern Savannah Ecological Zone: An evaluation of the possibilities and pitfalls. Land Use Policy 54 (2016), pp. 386–398. Available at: http://authors.elsevier.com/a/1SgnnyDvM0DVG
6. Mabe, J.B and Kuusaana, E.D. (2016). Property taxation and its revenue utilisation for urban infrastructure and services in Ghana: Evidence from Sekondi-Takoradi metropolis, Property Management, Vol. 34 Iss: 4, pp.297 – 315.
7. Kuusaana, E.D. (2016). Winners and Losers in Large-scale Land Transactions in Ghana – Opportunities for win-in outcomes. Paper prepared for presentation at the “2016 World Bank Conference on Land and Poverty, The World Bank – Washington DC, March 14-18, 2016.
8. Kuusaana, E.D. and Bukari, N. K. (2015). Land Conflicts between Smallholders and Fulani Pastoralists in Ghana: Case of the Asante-Akim North District (AAND). Journal of Rural Studies, Volume 42, December 2015, pp. 52–62. Available at:
9. Kidido, J.K; Ayitey, J.Z; Gavu, E.K; and Kuusaana, E.D. (2015). Who is the Rightful Recipient of Mining Compensation for Land Use Deprivation in Ghana? – Journal of Resources Policy 43 (2015): pp. 19-27. Available at: http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0301420714000713
10. Kuusaana, E. D. and Eledi, J.A. (2015). Customary Land Allocation, Urbanisation and Land Use Planning in Ghana: Implications for Food Systems in the Wa Municipality. Forthcoming in Land Use Policy, Volume 48, November 2015: pp. 454-466. Available at:
11. Kuusaana, E.D and Eledi, J.A. (2015). As the City Grows, Where do the Farmers go? Urbanisation and Food Systems in Ghana – Case of the Tamale Metropolis. Urban Forum, July 2015: 26(4): pp. 443-465. Available at:
12. Kuusaana, E.D. (2015). Property rating potentials and hurdles: What can be done to boost property rating in Ghana? Commonwealth Journal of Local Governance, Issue 16/17, June 2015: pp 207-227. Available at:
13. Kuusaana, E.D. and Gerber, N. (2015). Institutional Synergies in Customary Land Markets – Selected Case Studies of Large-Scale Land Acquisitions (LSLAs) in Ghana. Land 2015, 4(3), pp. 842-868; Available at: http://www.mdpi.com/2073-445X/4/3/842
14. Sikder, S.K; Asadzadeh, A; Kuusaana, E.D; Mallick, B and Koetter, T. (2015). Stakeholders Participation for Urban Climate Resilience: A Case of Informal Settlements Regulation in Khulna City, Bangladesh, Journal of Urban and Regional Analysis, Vol. 7, pp.5-20.
15. Tuokuu, F.X.D and Kuusaana, E.D (2015). Escaping the oil curse in Ghana: Lessons from Nigeria. International Journal of Business and Social Science, Volume 6, No. 11(1): pp. 28-39, November 2015.
16. Kidido, J. K and Kuusaana, E.D (2014). Access to Land Resources and Emerging Issues from the Customary Perspective: A Study of Bassari Communities in the Northern Region of Ghana –. Environmental Management and Sustainable Development2014, Vol. 3, No. 1, pp. 25-45. URL: http://dx.doi.org/10.5296/emsd.v3i1.4635
17. Eledi, J. A and Kuusaana, E.D (2014). Uncontrolled Urbanisation in Ghana: A Concern for Food Systems in the Wa Municipality. Journal of Sustainable Development Studies Volume 6, Number 2, 2014, pp. 260-293.
18. Kidido, J.K and Kuusaana, E.D (2014). Large-Scale Investment in Biofuel Feedstock Production and Emerging Land Issues in Ghana. Journal of Social Science Studies, 2014, Vol. 1, No. 2., pp. 163-176. URL: http://dx.doi.org/10.5296/jsss.v1i2.5114
19. Kuusaana, E.D., Kidido, J.K and Halidu-Adam, E (2013). Customary Land Ownership and Gender Disparity – Evidence from the Wa Municipality in Ghana – Journal for Development Studies, Volume 10, Number 1-2, pp. 63-80. Available at: http://www.ajol.info/index.php/gjds/article/view/115786
20. Kuusaana, E.D. (2013). Adopting the Core Cadastral Domain Model (CCDM) Will Change the Effectiveness of Land Information Infrastructure Positively –The Ghana Surveyor Journal, Vol 5 (1), 2013, pp. 29-43.
21. Ayitey, J.Z., Kuusaana, E.D and Kidido, J.K (2013). Potential and Hurdles in Property Rating in Ghana: Evidence from the Wa Municipality -– The Ghana Surveyor Journal, Vol 5 (1), 2013, pp. 1-13.
22. Kuusaana, E.D; Kidido, J.K; Appiah, M.N; Mireku, O.K (2013). Alternative Dispute Resolution by Chiefs and Tendamba: A Case Study Of Kumasi and Wa Traditional Areas – – The Surveyor Journal, Vol 5(1), pp. 14-27.
23. Kuusaana, E.D; Ayitey, Z.J, and Kidido, J.K (2012). Property rates Revenue Mobilisation and Good Governance in Ghana – Evidence from the Wa Municipality. Journal of Local Government Studies, Vol 4 (1), pp. 1-24.
- Member, Ghana Institution of Surveyors (MGhIS)
- African Urban Planning Research Network (AUPRN)
- Ghana Association of Writers